Every week, TeachThought will bring you relevant and trending learning boards from one of our favorite digital platforms, Learnist. In this week’s post, food sources, nutrition, and health is the theme.
Learnist For Teachers: Trending Boards For November 26
1. Food Sourcing: A set of resources on sourcing and purchasing food with an eye towards helping us consider the implications of our choices with respect to health, good business, ethics, affordability, sustainability, and scalability.
2. Raw Food: From growing and harvesting superfoods to creating delicious raw snacks and meals, this board takes you from the soil to the plate/glass.
3. Plant Strong Power: This is the answer to the eternal, “Where do you get your protein?” question. Vegan diets are full of wonderful opportunities for health and sustainability.
4. Gluten Free Living: A collection of information about living a gluten-free or gluten-low lifestyle. Celiacs will want to error on the side of extra caution when sourcing ingredients, as even items labeled gluten-free can in larger quantities cause issues.
5. Vegetarian Cooking: Jumping on the vegetarian train for a bit. Let’s see how this goes…