Drew Perkins talks with Senior Policy Analyst at The Kentucky Center for Economic Policy, Anna Baumann, and Associate Professor of Educational Administration, Leadership, & Research at Western Kentucky University and member of the Kentucky Board of Education, Gary Houchens, about the impact of proposed legislation to allow scholarship tax credits for non-public school students.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Kentucky Center for Economic Policy web site – Facebook
- EdChoice KY
- Gary’s blog on Scholarship Tax Credits
- Anna’s blog School Voucher Tax Break Proposals Further Threaten Funding for Public Education
- Critique of the methodology behind EdChoice findings that public schools save money with scholarship tax credits
- Where Does Voucher Funding Go? How Large-Scale Subsidy Programs Affect Private-School Revenue, Enrollment, and Prices
- Private School Voucher Credits Offer a Windfall to Wealthy Investors in Some States
- Dr. Gary Houchens: Achievement Effects of Scholarship Tax Credits
- The Tax-Credit Scholarship Audit
- Profiting from Educational Choice?
- A Win-Win Solution: The Empirical Evidence on School Choice
- Text of HB 134 and SB 36, Kentucky’s proposed scholarship tax credit bills
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Also available on Google Music for subscribers!
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Email us! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it.
Also, please leave an honest review for The TeachThought Podcast!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. If you have any questions please email us at [email protected]!